Crista's Reviews > Ravished

3194546
Jul 22, 10

bookshelves: 5-star, tortured-heroes, historical, favorites
Read on July 19, 2010

Ravished is beloved my many readers and has been in my TBR pile for some time. After many disappointing reads lately, I was excited to get out of my slump by reading something that comes highly recommended by so many. I finally picked up Ravished. After a sluggish start I had some doubt, but KEEP GOING! The last half was priceless and I can honestly say that it lived up to all the hype! It's a keeper.

The CHARACTERS are what make this book special. There is a mystery within it's pages that's okay, and there is certainly a strong plot, but it's mainly Harriet and Gideon that make this book what it is. Very few authors have the talent to make me love their heroines more than their heroes. Garwood is the only other writer I can think of that consistently makes me love the lady more than the hunk:) Harriet is truly special and I loved her more and more as the book progressed. She is SMART (a paleontologist) , FUNNY (has consistent witty dialogue), LOYAL (believes in Gideon), and HONEST (readily communicates feelings). I adored her for all these reasons and find that these traits are often times missing in heroines from Romancelandia.

You may of read that this book has a beauty and the beast theme. It does in that Gideon has scarring on his face, but other than that, this hero has no imperfections. He had it all and I loved reading about his past and what makes him tick. Harriet is his perfect mate, and vice versa. This couple *sparkles* with chemistry and energy and I was flipping pages as fast as I could and laughing all the way. It is a treasure. Enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ravished.