D.J.'s Reviews > Bad Taste in Boys

Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Mar 25, 2011

Carrie Harris' Bad Taste in Boys is only the second zombie book I've read. Zombies kind of gross me out, so I haven't really imersed myself into the zombie world. But when I read the description for this, I knew I had to read it and I would just have to face my zombie fear, haha.

Boy, am I glad I read it.

Despite the dark and rather serious-looking cover, the book is quite hilarious. Ms. Harris has given Kate a great voice, one that had me smiling and laughing like a fool. Kate's thoughts and reactions are believable, and help readers relate to and like her. In regards to the writing, the descriptions are spot-on, not over-the-top, and are quick, yet effective. The dialogue is smooth and the conversations between Kate and Aaron is never cheesy.

All in all, I thoroughly loved Bad Taste in Boys! There are Lady Gaga and Twilight references, which made me smile even more, and I truly hope Ms. Harris revisits these characters again with a new story. She is an author to watch and she has written a fun, quirky, zombie-tastic story that many will eat up. Pun fully intended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Taste in Boys.

Karli I wasn't sure about this book until reading your review! I thought the same thing; zombies ARE disgusting. I think I'm going to read it now! :)