Ruth's Reviews > Frisco's Kid

Frisco's Kid by Suzanne Brockmann

Jul 19, 2010

bookshelves: series, contemporary-romance, military-specops-govt-fire-cops, wounded-injured-hero

This is my favorite of the series so far. It takes the wounded hero theme, and gives it the treatment it deserves. The hero's pain, shame and feelings of worthlessness are so well described, but in a way that doesn't make him seem less attractive or less of a hero, no matter how he sees himself. The heroine is also great - it's nice to have a heroine who has real insights into people, and is just a genuinely nice person. The attraction between them sizzles, but in a beautifully accessible and "normal" way. Also, I'm not much into children in romance stories, but this one really works well. The child is a major part of the fabulous plot but a small role.

I'm giving this 5 stars, because I love the way the author explores the hero's angst in a completely respectful way, and he's also such a fabulous hero.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frisco's Kid.

Buggy I loved this one too and felt the same way about Tash not being one for kids I found her scenes funny and sweet