Suspense Magazine's Reviews > Wait for Dusk

Wait for Dusk by Jocelynn Drake

Jul 26, 10

Drake does it again! With various lycanthropes, warlocks, vampires, naturi and bori all wanting Mira dead, she has more than her hands full. What’s a fire starter to do?

Thank heavens for Danaus, an honest-to-goodness vampire slayer with unusual powers of his own who just so happens to be on Mira’s side. Go figure! With their powers entwined—when needed—countless friends ready to help…and even a few “associates”, add to that an endless supply of rage, and you have the makings for one hell of a fight!

Mira’s father is Satan himself—goes by the name of Nick—and enjoys torturing her in very special and colorful ways. Having the ability to use and manipulate fire, I guess she’s her father’s daughter. Seriously though, in this continuation from “Pray for Dawn”, Drake kept me on the edge of my seat once again. Putting this book down was nothing short of the same torture her characters endured on this fabulous journey she’s created.

No one does it better than Jocelynn Drake. Only she could make a romance between a vampire and slayer and make it believable, beautiful and fun to read.

Thank you, Jocelynn, for showing me what vampires can do and what they’re about. Thank you for weaving together a great tale of danger, intrigue, violence, loyalty, sacrifice and love. I have a new genre to read and add to my quickly growing repertoire. I can’t wait for the next book!

Reviewed by Terri Ann Armstrong for Suspense Magazine, author of “Morning Menace”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wait for Dusk.