Brenda's Reviews > Double Date

Jul 19, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult
Read in July, 2010

I imagine reading this book was much like watching an episode of the TV show, Greek. I've never seen the show, but I'm thinking I'm not at all the target audience for this show. I like sci-fi and fantasy shows, and the occasional sit-com (but only if it's really funny). So I'd probably never sit down and watch this show, and for that reason I also had a hard time getting through this book.

The writing was okay, but I never felt invested in the story, and for taking place mostly over the period of one night, it felt like it dragged a bit. I think for a person who watches and enjoys the show, and feels more invested in the characters and their lives, this would be a fun read. For someone like me, who is just coming into it without any previous knowledge, it's just not great.

So, with that said, I would recommend this if you like the TV show, or if you're a really big fan of sorority/fraternity stuff. Otherwise, I don't think it does a good enough job to stand on it's own for YA readers like myself.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Date.