Keyona's Reviews > Sisters Red

Jul 19, 2010

liked it
Read from July 19 to August 26, 2010

From the Blog:

I was fortunate enough to listen to this audiobook. This was my first one so I didn't know if it would add or take away from the story. In this case, I think it added to it. The accents made the story so much more real. Two different voices told from Rosie's and Scarlett's point of views. Ever since that tragic day when they first encountered a fenris, Scarlett has lived to hunt. It's what she lives for, and doesn't see any other purpose in life. Her younger sister Rosie feels forced into doing it because she feels as though she owes Scarlett her life for saving her years ago. Then childhood friend, Silas comes back from vacation to hunt with them and then things become....complicated. He presents a life outside of hunting that Rosie wants but isn't sure she should have.

I liked listening this novel. The fight scenes were entertaining. It was definitely like listening to a movie. I saw the old cottage in Ellison and I had a clear picture of the neighborhood in Atlanta. I identified the most with Rosie because she felt torn. On one hand she owes Scarlett her life and wants to please her. On the other hand she's a teenager and she wants to just live a normal teen life. Scarlett was just all about "the hunt". I found myself being a little disappointed when it was time for her narration. That was the only thing on her mind!Though there were times I felt sorry for her. She was missing an eye from a Fenris attack and felt that hunting was all she had left since her beauty was taken.

All in all I recommend this audiobook to whoever wants to try one out. It has a lot of action, the accents are on point and will keep you making weird faces in public LOL. Unfortunately, I did smell the big ending coming a mile away, but the ride there was great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisters Red.

07/19/2010 page 112
08/02/2010 page 232
71.0% "I love this audiobook!"