Rae's Reviews > The Girl of Fire and Thorns

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

Jul 19, 10

(Review from the author)

I confess that my 5-star rating may not be wholly objective.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl of Fire and Thorns.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Tint Loved this book! So impressed that it is your first novel!

Lynnette Congrats! This book was fantastic. Your Elisa has a beautiful Strength to her don't let her lose it!

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna That just made me laugh.

Michelle I loved it up until *SPOILER* Humberto dies. Is he EVER coming back?! Please tell me!! He can't be dead!

Barbara Brina I just loved it! *SPOILER* I can't believe that Humberto and Alejandro died. It makes me really sad!

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Morgan This makes me want to buy it now ;) Off to check if it's on Kindle in my country!

Milla Diaz I'm looking forward to book 2 and I'm secretly hoping there'll be a romance between Elisa and Hector. =)

Fred Dickson I was waffling on my feelings towards it UNTIL Humberto died. Bam! Loved it.

Belinda (TheBookBuddies) You have a wonderful sense of humor. Also, you most certainly have guts for (view spoiler)

message 10: by Peta (new) - rated it 5 stars

Peta I had never heard of this book when I bought it for my Kindle. I was desperate for something to read, and was in a bit of a rush, so bought it without knowing a thing about it.

From the second I started reading it, I fell madly in love with it! I couldn't put it down (which didn't impress my boss, LOL). The story line is fabulous and unique, the character development is perfect. You love and cry and grieve with Elisa, and when it was over, I was devastated and am now just counting down the days until the next book is released.

I have since referred it to every one I have ever met, and a few have even listened to me.

Liana (view spoiler) You're such a good writer! This book definitely deserves a 5 stars.

Shoe-mena I Love love love this book. Every single page was AWESOME! so many emotions, i cried, laughed and almost ripped my hair out of frustration when things went bad for Elissa, it was THAT good. did i mention how much i LOVE this book? oh okay, i LOVE it ;D

message 13: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn Congratulations on having this book selected as one of 12 books nominated for the 2013-2014 Missouri Truman Readers' Award!

message 14: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara I taught middle school English for 14 years, and now I’m an elementary school librarian. I can’t wait to share these books with the librarians in my county, so the middle school and high school librarians can get these books on their shelves. I’ve read tons of trilogies (I like to be able to recommend series to my students), and I accept that the second book is usually a bridge book and might not have all of the elements of the first book or third book. Not this time…you NAILED IT! I loved these first two books…I laughed, I cried, I yelled. My family was starting to get concerned! It has been a long time since I’ve loved a trilogy this much, and I can’t wait to spread the word. Thank you!

message 15: by Mohamed (new) - added it

Mohamed can you tell me how to read any book on that site please

message 16: by Mohamed (new) - added it

Mohamed i know the book how i can read it

message 17: by Mohamed (new) - added it

Mohamed or download it

Karen Duvall Best book I've read in a long time. Thanks so much for writing it!

message 19: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Shaw I love this thanks.

Austlyn I thought your book was great. Like your heroine you were brave enough to write a story about a great heroine with strong faith that didn't follow the path of many mainstream society novels. I loved it still, that is awesome!!!

message 21: by Jake (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jake Scofield I thought Elisa was a great well rounded character. At first I hated her. She reminded me of that whiny girl from Twilight. But then you see that she's over shadowed by her sister and uses food as a coping mechanism. As the story unfolds, you understand that she is in a position she doesn't want to be. I felt like I would've made the same decisions she did. I think this was a great story, I couldn't put the books down. The ending felt a bit rushed, but that may have been cause I wanted more. :)

April Really, really enjoyed these! Looking forward to see what you have for us next! :)

message 23: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin You wrote such a beautiful trilogy, I have to admit, after reading (listening) to them one after the other, I did not want to leave that world and those characters, so much so that I had to go about a week before I was able to get myself to start something new. Thank you so much for these books!