Erica Poole's Reviews > From the Hips: A Comprehensive, Open-Minded, Uncensored, Totally Honest Guide to Pregnancy, Birth, and Becoming a Parent

From the Hips by Rebecca Odes

Sep 17, 2012

Recommended for: Newly preggers ladies
Read in January, 2008

I am skimming through this right now, but so far I like it. I like the tone the women take, as far as, they deliberately go out of their way to NOT be judgemental, push an agenda, or scare the crap out of you! They just try to give you information and pros and cons of most everything so you can make your own, informed decision!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From the Hips.

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita I haven't read this one, but I'm in the third trimester of my second pregnancy, and the ONLY pregnancy books I really liked were the Girlfriend's Guide series. They were so much more realistic from my perspective. I absolutely hated What to Expect - it seemed too judgemental and rigid about right and wrong choices when preggers. If you want any of the Girlfriend's Guides, I've posted them on paperbackswap.com. There must be a lot of them up there for free.

Erica Poole Congratulations! I only began to read this and then put it down, unfortunately my pregnancy ended early along. My mom had insisted that I shouldn't read any books because they are so judgmental and freak you out and force one perspective on you, and this one seemed to not do it. I can't wait until I have reason to read more of it! I will check out that site as soon as I am blessed enough to have need of them, thanks for the recommendation! I think I might have seen some of them too but could only afford to buy one the day I was in the store! I will definitely keep it in mind!