Cball's Reviews > Faithful Place

Faithful Place by Tana French

Nov 23, 2011

bookshelves: audio, mystery, 2011
Read from November 03 to 23, 2011

The audio is a 5 star-incredibly narrated. I was laughing out loud at some of the images the reader's voice invoked with his timing. Perfect.

The story itself is an enjoyable nod to the Irish and Dubliners in particular. If you like character driven books, then this one is for you, even if you are not a hard core mystery fan. If I ever met Francis Mackey, I may kiss him. Except he smokes so I would be disgusted. But then he would turn to me and give that winning smile and all would be well. sigh. Love that Irish accent.

Francis grew up in less than ideal circumstances in the area of Dublin called Faithful Place. When he was 19, he and his girlfriend, Rosie, planned on running away to England to get away from all of the dysfunction. Except Rosie never showed. Now, 22 years later, Francis learns the real reason why she never met him at their rendezvous point: she was murdered. As he unwinds this mystery, we are shown how an extremely dysfunctional family deals with life. Well done.

Based on the reviews of Tana French's other books, this is not her strongest. I loved it so I can't wait to read more of her work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faithful Place.