Katie's Reviews > Wildefire

Wildefire by Karsten Knight

Jul 26, 11

bookshelves: 2011-debut-author-challenge, summer-reading-2011
Read from July 07 to 09, 2011

Oh my goodness. Wowowowowowow!! I did not see that coming.

Review: When I finished this book all I could say was wow. And I'm still saying WOW!

At first I thought Ash and Wildefire were going to be extremely violent. If that first chapter doesn't tell you not to mess with Ash, or her sister Eve, then I don't know what will. Thankfully, though, the "extreme violence" subsided and gave into the awesome tale of Ash and her god and goddess friends.

Like I said before, Ash is not the type of girl you want to mess with. She isn't your typical YA heroine, either. She's not whiny, she is incredibly tough, has some awesome powers that she isn't afraid to use, and I really believe she wants to do the right thing. Did I mention she was tough? Oh and there was a nice little romance going on with one hot park ranger!

There was such a fun mix of mythology in Wildefire. There were sounds of awesome gods and goddess from different cultures to go with the equally amazing supporting characters. They shone, just like Ash.

Another plus to Wildefire was the non-stop action and the adventure. I won't give you too much detail but it was pretty darn awesome. And there was humor. Oh how I love funny books!!

To stop myself from sounding like a broken record of "awesome" and "amazing", (which I think I've already succeeded at doing) I'm telling you you pick up a copy of this today. But watch out, the cliffhanger is a killer. But really awesome. Second book please?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildefire.

07/08/2011 page 73
19.0% "Pretty good. A little violent...but oh well!"
07/08/2011 page 306