Sue's Reviews > The Double Comfort Safari Club

The Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith

Jul 18, 10

I love the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series and I was excited to read this newest edition. The pace of life is slow and pleasant in the stories and the main character, Precious Ramotswe, tries so hard to always be kind and help other people. My favorite passage from the book:
"Having the right approach to life was a great gift in this life. Her father, the late Obed Ramotswe, had always had the right approach to life--she was sure of that. And for a moment, as she sat there with her friend, with the late-afternoon sun slanting in through the window, she thought about how she owed her father so much. He had taught her almost everything she knew about how to lead a good life, and the lessons she had learned from him were as fresh today as they ever had been. Do not complain about your life. Do not blame others for things that you have brought upon yourself. Be content with who you are and where you are, and do whatever you can do to bring to others such contentment, and joy, and understanding that you have managed to find yourself."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Double Comfort Safari Club.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karlyne Landrum I just quoted this passage in my review, too. If only everyone could read it and believe it and take it to heart, what would the world be like?

Kristen That passage really struck me, also. I agree with Karlyn, and you obviously, If only everyone would live his/her life adhering to the Old Old Botswana Morality code.