Carly's Reviews > Stars in the Night

Stars in the Night by Cara C. Putman

Jul 22, 10

Read from July 18 to 22, 2010

One of my favorite time periods to read about is World War II and Cara Putman has done her homework and she has created a world that pulled me in instantly. I read another book recently that involved a war bond tour and I really liked that concept, so when I saw that a large part of this story took place on the Hollywood Victory Caravan I was looking forward to reading it even more. There were a few slow spots, especially at the beginning of this story, but as the story builds, the danger and suspense builds as well. The slower parts didn’t negatively affect my feelings about this book because they gave the story a very natural feel and kept the book from feeling rushed, which I think is important with a suspense story. The romantic aspect fit perfectly with the rest of the story and never felt awkward or out of place.

Overall, I found Stars in the Night to be a very well balanced story with just enough suspense, mystery and romance to keep me interested from start to finish. I was very impressed with the research Cara did to make this book authentic and believable. This is a book that will appeal to a wide variety of readers, from fans of historical fiction and suspense to fans of romantic fiction. I know it fit perfectly with my taste in books because it had a little bit of everything.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars in the Night.

07/18/2010 page 1