1luvbooks's Reviews > Willow

Willow by Julia Hoban

Jul 01, 11

liked it
Read in March, 2010

** spoiler alert ** After my last review, this is kind of going to be hard to swallow, but... this book is not as bad as I remembered. It'll never be my favourite, but, props to Julia Hoban for writing on such a touchy subject. Even if it was full of comma splices. It wasn't great, but... it's not abysmal either. Characters were decent, writing was fine, plot was fine... there's just a tiny something holding it back from striking this one out of the park for me. Maybe it's the suject, I don't know.
It's not of the same quality as books I love, but... I'm not going to hate on it for that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Willow.

message 1: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Dino! What you said about how the charecters where unrelalistic because
Of how they talked because no teenagers talk like that ummm 10 and I talk like that so yeaaaaa that point is kinda lame

1luvbooks "Unrelalistic?" And also it was 1 point of many. If you talk like that, cool, but I've never met any teens who talk like they did.

1luvbooks *in Willow

Kelsi You completley missed what the author was trying to convey.

Jenna I completely agree with this review. I got half way through this book when the characters just became too annoying.

1luvbooks @ Kelsi. I understand this book is supposed to be about a cutter's journey to redemption. And I completely agree with that premise- but I don't believe you should completely rely on someone else to heal from something as serious as cutting. Getting help is crucial- but the true healing has to come from yourself- not your boyfriend, which is (as it seemed to me) what Julia Hoban was implying.