Ahmad's Reviews > Think and Grow Rich

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

Jan 19, 11

Read from January 16 to 19, 2011

OK. They said this was a classic book, and that might be evident, because you will realize that the popular book 'The Secret' also shares some common topics with it (borrowed maybe?). It's supposed to be a motivator. Well, I didn't enjoy it that much. To be honest, I even skipped the last 50 pages just to finish it!

I'm not saying the principles included here are wrong; they might be great! But they seemed kinda old and obvious to me, so I didn't get much out of it. I did, however, get a good grasp on the author's idea.

I also felt that the book deviated a little from its main course; not at all what I expected from the title. Perhaps I'm being a little too harsh, but the book might be good for you if you're not too much into motivators and stuff.

I gave the book 2 stars because I still got some ideas and tips from it nonetheless. In terms of content, it might get a 3 from me.

Goal setting, desire and persistence will lead to a fortune ... Sorry Napoleon, but I already knew that!

And yeah, the whole book can be summarized into one statement: Believe .. and you WILL achieve .. !
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Think and Grow Rich.

01/16/2011 page 56