Carm's Reviews > Nevermore

Nevermore by Edgar Allan Poe

Jul 18, 10

bookshelves: library-books, read-in-2010, summer-self-challenge-2010, graphic-novels
Read in July, 2010

I wasn't a fan of this one. I think a few of the stories were pretty well done, but the detail I failed to notice in picking this book out, was the "adapted" aspect of the stories. In some cases the stories are VASTLY different from their original form... And not just bare bones versions(they are that too), but actual modernization, changing the narrator's gender, time period etc. I think the spirit of the tales remains but overall I would only use this as an extension of Poe-mania if I had a student who was all pumped up about Poe. I was hoping for a tool for differentiation and this is NOT that. Oh well. Each story is adapted and illustrated by different authors and illustrators, some I liked better than others. It's all done in black and white which suits the mood but in a few of the adaptations it's almost difficult to make sense of what is going on in the frame because of the style of illustration.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nevermore.