Grey853's Reviews > The Diva Runs Out of Thyme

The Diva Runs Out of Thyme by Krista Davis

Jul 18, 10

bookshelves: cozy, holiday, mystery
Read in July, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This was a fun read set at Thanksgiving. Sophie is planning a cozy holiday feast with just her immediate family and her sister's fiance. As events would have it, she ends up with a lot more than that along with two murders! Yikes!

There are a lot of characters to keep track of, but I didn't find it that difficult because of they way they're handled. I thought the descriptions of the pets were cute and enjoyed all the frantic preparations for the holiday despite the intrusion of the police as they investigate the murders.

Several things are totally over the top and unbelievable, but for some reason it didn't much matter in this book because I really liked Sophie. I didn't like her mom or her rival Natasha, but I don't think I was supposed to. The fact that the cop investigating the case is super sexy and falls for Sophie seems to be a cliche in this genre, but again I didn't mind it this time.

I really enjoyed the book and will look for the others in this clever series. Be warned that all the descriptions of foods will likely make you raid your pantry after reading.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Diva Runs Out of Thyme.