Dorri's Reviews > Living Nightmare

1916877
Nov 11, 10

bookshelves: smut
Read from November 05 to 06, 2010 — I own a copy

Madoc is a Theroinai warrior on the brink of losing his soul, the last leaf on his living tree has begun to fall, locked in mid drop by the secret magic of the Barren. Nika is one of the few lost Theroinai women, found but broken by madness caused when her and her sisters were attacked by the Synestryn as children.

Since their introduction in Running Scared, Nika and Madoc have been drawn together. Only Madoc thinks she's not the one to bond with him and save his soul. Nika, even crazy, knows he is hers. As Madoc goes on a mission to kill the Synestryn that hold peices of Nika's mind, she slowly regains her sanity.

But her sanity and return to health are challenged by her vow to find her sister Tori. The one everyone else beleives is dead. Finding Tori and Madoc are her two reasons to keep living, though Madoc is resisting her plan. As the book progresses Nika fears that Tori's time is almost over as the link mental link between the two sisters is dying. Nika knows she has to make an attempt to find her sister now or die trying. At the same time, she also has to convince Madoc that he belongs to her and not one of the dozens of other men who have tried to bond with her.

Lives, both Tori's and Madoc's, rest on Nika's fragile shoulders, but she is about to show the world she isn't as fragile as everyone seems to think she is, even if she has to bash them over the head or seduce them into believing.

There are two side stories that crop up in this book that I have a sneaking suspicion that they will end up as future stories. I'm not sure how she does it, but Shannon Butcher has made me love her books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Nightmare.