Dorri's Reviews > Running Scared

1916877
Jul 22, 2010

bookshelves: smut
Read from July 19 to 22, 2010 — I own a copy

This series has gone beyond my expectations and has made me crave more. Much to my dismay, I now have to WAIT for the fourth book. If only I could fast forward life to get to the release date.

Basic plot: Lexi Johns has one purpose: to free her best friend Helen from the hands of the Sentinels. And the Sentinel she has been running from for months, Zach, has one goal: to convince her that their destinies are entwined. For the magic that Zach has absorbed could destroy him if he doesn't find the woman to channel it for him. And he knows Lexi is the one...

I'll admit, in the begining of this book I wanted to scream at Lexi and beat her in the head until she loosened her stubborn resistance to the way she beleived her life was versus the way it actually could be. On the other hand, Zach played brilliantly on the page for me. I adored him. I was all set to find this the weak link in Mrs. Butchers series, when in fact it is the strongest player thus far. All I can tell you is that you need to keep reading. The best parts happen in the last few chapters.

I have to add, I am loving the secondary characters, Maddoc and Nika. I am heartily looking forward to their book (which I have to WAIT for, darn it!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running Scared.