Jim's Reviews > Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far

Mosaic by Amy Grant

M_50x66
Jul 18, 10

bookshelves: christian-biography, faith, music

listening to "the Righteous Fox" talk about menopause makes me feel so old. i'm going to a 30th h.s. reunion next week, guess maybe i am.
She and i are the same age, i bought the "Age To Age" 45 when it came out, one of the few CCM singles ever made, and wore it out. Lead Me On is the single best album i've ever heard. Saw Amy and Gary Chapman at the Concord Pavillion and bought the Rolling Stone issue where she Cursed. and, suprizing the world survived when she said a naughty word. i still have the Whittenberg Door issue w/her interview. i'm a fan.
and i wanted to love this autobiography, but instead of being really happy that she sings some of her songs, i'm dissappointed she didn't sing them all. after hearing her talk about what Baby Baby really means i can almost get the video out of my head. i was dissappointed by her political beliefs; she's a white, Christian, Southern belle, stupidly i'm suprized that she has conservative leanings.
i did enjoy listening to her voice and her stories. wish she had spoken about people's reaction to her, maybe that would have been to immodest. and like most of the readers of the Door article, "the fall of the righteous fox," my heart is still broken.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mosaic.