Robert's Reviews > The Vaults

The Vaults by Toby Ball

Sep 30, 10

bookshelves: mystery
Read from September 29 to 30, 2010

This is a hot new book that takes place in The City during the time of the early 1930's. The vaults, sort of a criminal history repository, under The City are attended by one man. When a discrepancy is found in one of the files a thread is found that will slowly begin to unravel widespread corruption within The City government. Other threads appear at this time and are followed by two other characters, one a private detective, and the other an investigative reporter. This book is a page turner and will cause loss of sleep. I know because I kept telling myself I would get some sleep after just a few more pages, and a few more pages and so on. Well I finished the book and looking at the clock found I only had two hours before my shift started. Yes this book is that good. It is hard to describe this one, almost like a Gotham city meets Streets Of Fire mystery. Or some type of Pulp Fiction mixed with Mickey Spillane. A very neat departure from the average stuff coming out of the current editorial mills.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vaults.