Page (One Book At A Time)'s Reviews > Angelfire

1812013
Mar 02, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from February 03 to 05, 2011

It's so hard to give an impression of book without giving away major spoilers along the way. Because sometimes those key points are what make or break a story for a person.

I liked a lot about this book. I liked Ellie. She's a kick ass heroine who doesn't take crap from anybody. I liked her social life. She's not the popular girl in school, but she's not the misfit either. She has a close nit circle of friends that she's comfortable with. Then steps in Will. He's mysterious and way beyond cute. Plus, Ellie feels a deep deep seeded connection to him that she can't explain. I liked that because it was different than the instant attraction that seems so rampant in ya literature these days. I liked how they work together. After 600 years of reincarnations, you can tell they are a team that really would do anything to protect each other.

I also liked the action during this book. The reapers really wreck havoc in both the real world and their own dimension which leaves Ellie in some sticky situations she has to explain. I loved her swords and her ability to call on Angelfire. It really gave them book the punch in the action department.

Which brings me to what I didn't like. I really disliked that the reapers stole innocent/good victims for devil's army against God. It seemed like a glaring contradiction to everything I know and believe in. I think there was a better way for the reapers to have accomplished their mission and still have Ellie be the Preliator (thanks Ashley!). I also disliked who Ellie is revealed to really be at the end. It didn't fit in my head with who and what I thought Ellie was.

I'm sure I will continue this series because I really like the basic idea. I just happen to disagree with some of the reasoning behind it :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelfire.