BlebeTanja 's Reviews > Paranormalcy

bookshelves: first-in-series
Recommended to BlebeTanja by: Zemira Warner
Recommended for: you
Read on July 08, 2011

Not as bad as it seemed after a first couple of pages or so. In the beginning I was bothered by the first person POV, but it was less disturbing later-on. Interesting premise, although somewhat weak characters. No one really grew on me or made me want to be like them. The arch nemesis(es?) was not that threathening as it seemed at the beginning, and all turned out to be just fine. 4**** because of the dead friend (yes, that's a plus, because sometimes it works) and because of the interesting powers and Oh-so-mighty Empty ones. Looking forward to book 2 in the series.

One more thing: What's up with Evie's obsession with the colour pink? Pink taser (with rhynestones!!!), pink drapes with leopard print (!!!), pink dagger (!!!!??), pink sparkly clothes, pink prom dress (???)? That's one of the reasons it wasn't 5*****. And because everything seemed vague at times. Maybe I can explain if you speak Slovenian. No, scratch that - don't ask me what I mean by that, because even I don't know exactly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.

07/08/2011 page 7
2.0% "I like Evie's power to see through paranormals' glamour. I'm not too keen on White's writing style though, I can't put my finger on it but something's bothering me. Maybe it's first person POV. We'll see."
07/08/2011 page 40
12.0% "“Bleep stupid bleep bleep faeries and their bleep bleep bleep obsessions. He had better stop bleep bleep bleep the bleep bleep rules or I will bleep bleep bleep the little bleeeeeeeeeeep.” Hihi @ Lish."
07/08/2011 page 100
30.0% "I see a twist or two on the horizon! Lookin' good, lookin' good.. Plus, there are only three books in the series, PRAISE THE LORD! I hate it when a perfectly good story is ruined by countless sequels. Well except when the author is an unearthly creature with amazing story-telling abilities! Must read on!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

BlebeTanja Oh, and Evie likes pink stuff. Me no likes that.

Zemira Warner One njene roze čizme. Brrrr.... odvratno XD Sviđa mi se Reth. Iako je 'loš'.

BlebeTanja Pa roza zavese z leopardjim (I think) vzorcem? Pa pink taser with rhinestones? bljak. Reth? Bomo še videli. x)