Yayoi storey's Reviews > Hellblazer: Dangerous Habits

Hellblazer by Garth Ennis

Jul 18, 10

did not like it
Read from July 17 to 18, 2010

my first venture into the world of John Constantine/hellblazer.
It was lame.
Garth Ennis wrote one of my favorite comics- The Preacher.
You may be familiar with the story of constantine via the keanu reeves sci fi horror movie of the same name. I loved the scifi action horror flick.
As far as this book goes, the smarmy english sodding, bollocks, blokey, pissing shite head that he is was laid on too thick for me. oh, he outsmarts the devil, not once, but twice! while he is pissed (drunk) out of his mind both times! wow, oh gosh, he would have gotten it good if the devil didn't have to follow some rules..
My other HUGE gripe is that the illustrator did not seem to care to put any effort into bringing this story to life. there are so many panels that it is apparent that this person was impatient, uninterested, or something! continuity was, no pun intended, sketchy. no depth, one of the devils was an inkblot, for goodness sake.
personally, i am not all that into christianity laced sci fi stuff.
i read it, i will sell it back, and i am not the wiser for reading this, except to be able to use uk curse slang and cursewords with some ease.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hellblazer.

Gutts Warutare The fact that you called it sci-fi several times just speaks to the credibility of this review

Byshoon This was Ennis' first proper run in comics. He immediately went on to Preacher, with the same artist that you've just slated. So I'm not sure if you've even looked at the covers and noticed? Also, he cheated the devil 3 times, not twice.

Gutts Warutare Preacher was Steve Dillon, not the artist that did this btw