Daniella's Reviews > Welcome to Dead House

Welcome to Dead House by R.L. Stine

Jul 16, 10

bookshelves: childrens-books, horror, series, 2010
Recommended for: kids who like scary stories
Read on July 15, 2010, read count: 1

One of the better installments in Stine's series, I think. It was actually pretty gruesome; first Amanda's dream, and then all the talk about skin falling off and skulls cracking open and bones disintegrating. Yum. It doesn't really go into great detail, but I still sat here with an "ew" look on my face as I was reading, so I imagine it should be gross and scary enough for the book's target audience. Also, for once it wasn't completely predictable. When Petey started going crazy, and with all the whispering sounds and moving curtains and mysterious appearing-then-disappearing children, I thought it would have something to do with ghosts, not the living dead. However, it's pretty obvious from the start that something is up with Mr. Dawes and all those weird ass kids, but then again, it is a kids' book. Maybe most kids won't notice, or something, I don't know. Also, I thought the ending was a nice touch, and really leaves you wondering.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to Dead House.