Anh Cat's Reviews > Windows of the Mind

Windows of the Mind by Frank Brennan

F 50x66
Jul 16, 10

11. When you wish to learn when you read again tomorrow; what do you hope will happen in the story or to characters? Why do you wish for that to happen?
Windows of the mind is a very educational book. Through it, I see many characters, but I specially interest in two characters a famous wine-taster, Daniel, who has an accident that led him lost his ability to taste and a magazine journalist, Desiree, who smells scandal and will do anything for a good story. For two characters, I hope that they did not pay more attention in profits. They are all gentle person; they would be beloved by others, if they care about what others think or put them in others situations. I wish there were not any lessons like they had had. I wish they would draw the moral from those lessons.

4. If you could change the life or lives of a story character, to make their lives more like the lives of the characters I the book or story you are reading, whose lives would you change? How would you change their lives? Why did you pick these people or that person?

If I could change the life of a story character, I would change the life of Arlo. Arlo used to serve in army and he had a hard life when he had fought in a war. He hated noise; his mind had been damaged by the noise of loud and terrible explosions. How poor he was! He only felt happy and comfortable while being with his wife, Marie, and in a quiet place. But he did not have what he wanted. His wife was gone by a cancer. He must give up his job because of noise. I really sympathize with him. He had had a hard life in war and now he continued a hard life in peaceful life. If I could change his life, I would have left his wife still alive. Although he cannot stand the noise, he could feel better when living with his wife, who loved and understood him so much. I think he could lose his job or even live in the noise place, but lose his wife was the most heart-breaking for him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Windows of the Mind.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam Stein You've done a fantastic job on the responses for this book! Check plus!