Nancy's Reviews > Roast Mortem

Roast Mortem by Cleo Coyle

Oct 12, 10

Read in September, 2010

The latest book in the Coffeehouse Mystery series by Cleo Coyle did not let this reader down! This is a sharply written and well researched book that captured my attention from the opening paragraph. As all the books do Roast Mortem begins with the thoughts of the killer and quickly jumps into the story. Once again we follow the adventures and misadventures of Clare Cosi, the manager of the Village Blend coffee shop located in NYC. Clare, Madame, the owner of the Village Blend (and Clare's ex-mother in law) and Dante one of the baristas are caught in an explosion at a friend's coffee shop. Everyone is rescued by brave members of the New York City Fire Dept and the mystery deepens!
This book is a lovely tribute to those firefighters lost in the 9/11 tragedy. The author's careful research and their obvious affection for these men and women makes the book even more engaging.
This book could very well be a stand alone read but I strongly suggest that you start from the beginning of the series. Which each book the characters personalities are developed and the reader quickly becomes involved in their lives creating an eagerness to read the next book!
Kudos to Cleo Coyle; the pseudonym for Alice Alfonsi and Marc Ceresini a married couple who live in New York City. Their affection for the city and coffee is very apparent! An added bonus are the multitude of coffee facts, brewing tips and great recipes.
This reader suggests that you brew a pot of your strongest coffee and get ready to stay up all night because you won't be able to put this book down!!!
I give it 5 French Roast stars out of 5!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roast Mortem.