Hinch's Reviews > Losing My Virginity: How I've Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way

Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson

1988681
Jul 16, 10

Read in May, 2010

A thoroughly enjoyable, intimate, and inspiring account of one of the world's greatest entrepreneurs. An excellent mix of business, adventure, and personal anecdote keep the book fresh and engaging. However, despite offering a detailed view of his business philosophy and practices, the scale of his achievements, and the persistence and confidence with which they are executed are still beyond understanding. In fact, the highly personalised delivery masks the reality that his endeavours are supported by a large and talented workforce, and so the significance of talent, timing, luck, and the support of others, is genuinely blurred. There is no shortage of personality and charisma throughout the narrative, but I was left wishing the book captured more of the sense that we were a fly on the wall... relaying the nuances of his interactive style, the persuasion he applied to others, and the passion with which he cradled his vision. All the same, I've walked away charmed, encouraged, and pleasantly humoured, by this superbly written account of a truly unique individual. An outstanding autobiography.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing My Virginity.