Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)'s Reviews > Without Reservations

Without Reservations by J.L. Langley

Jul 18, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, with-or-without-series, werewolves, m-m-romance
Read in February, 2010

As background: This was my first m/m romance book. I won the book from a blogging contest and thought I would give the sub-genre a try.

Also, I am not a gay person, nor do I have knowledge of gay love and romance on a personal level. So, I don't know if the m/m relationship is "true to life" or more "fantasy."

Chay is a werewolf that has waited is whole life for his pre-destined mate to come along. As a vet, he knows the injured wolf brought into his office is more than just a wolf, it's another werewolf and his mate. Imagine Chay's shock when he discovers his mate is male.

Keyton has been hurt by a straight male wolf before. He's not ready to jump into another relationship, even with his pre-destined mate. But he cannot deny his attraction to Chay.

The two male wolves decide to jump into their relationship and never regret it. The community is super excepting and the few that don't, well they come around quickly. It's seems a bit too easy to me, but this is paranormal romance!

The story line is interesting and fun. I wasn't sure of "who done it" and the action was a good mix with the sex. The sex was um, *fans herself* HOT. And there is a lot of it. If you are someone looking to break into m/m this may not be for you. The males are happy to explore each other and the mating pheromones draw them together often. The romance was a bit cheesy at times, the nickname Chay gives to his mate "Lil Bit" is a bit well, annoying. But the emotions are mostly well written. Every once and a while the dialogue seems a bit to "sweet." Overly cheesy.

I enjoyed reading this book and have already purchased the other 2 books in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Without Reservations.