Laura the Highland Hussy's Reviews > The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron

bookshelves: highlander-books
Read from June 06 to 16, 2011

*Spoiler-Free*

4.5
This is the third installment in Jennifer Ashley’s Highland Pleasures series, and it is most definitely a fabulous read.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Mackenzie brothers, they are 4 brothers who have rank, wealth and political clout, but they don’t care. Can you imagine? They are peers in Victorian England, and they don’t care. Amazing. Added to that, they are Scottish, and they do as they please. This makes for a wild series.

In this book, we enter to see Cameron getting lucky with a woman, and the heroine is hiding in the curtains! And what do you suppose happens? She gets caught of course. Ainsley is searching for a love letter that she knows Cam has. No, it wasn’t written by her, it was written by the Queen. Her Majesty is being blackmailed by the very woman seducing Cameron, and Ainsley was given the task to retrieve the letter.

Cam doesn't believe she is what she seems for a second, he made that mistake once several years ago, and got burnt. But Cam isn't what he seems either. He has many scars, both inside and out, and when you find out how he got them, and what happened, you will cry. It's absolutely heartbreaking to hear about his past, but it's even worse to see what society thought.

Men bring their horses to him to train, and one in particular hates Cam. He only lets him train his horse because no one else will take her. Cam wants the horse so badly, but the arrogant jackass won't give her up. That side-story was fantastic, and Ainsley's little role in helping out was sweet.

Watching Cam try to be a good father by not making his own father’s mistakes is so heartbreaking to watch-and Daniel is growing up so fast. But Daniel's been raised by Mackenzie bachelors. Is that really the best thing for an impressionable young man? All Cam wants is to be with his horses and raise his son. He never expected to be blown away by a tiny little widow names Ainsley Douglas. And Ainsley is so much more than she lets on.

Their romance was passionate, and surprisingly sweet. I guess I expected more of a lust first affection later, but the combination of both lust and love, and of Cam's protective streak, meshed so well.

Daniel will surprise you. Maybe being raised with 4 Mackenzies isn't all that bad---he has a good head on his shoulders, respects women, and only made me hope he has a book coming. (and according to her website, HE DOES!!!)

The only thing I missed was we never saw their half-brother, Inspector Fellows. I thought he’d become more of a key player in this series, but he wasn’t even mentioned.

The set-up for Hart’s book (next year-boo! I don’t wanna wait!) is getting good, and I tortured myself by reading the teaser for his book. I’m warning you now, reading the excerpt will only make you want his book more. Jennifer Ashley is an auto-buy for me, and once you've read this, she will be for you too. Her writing blends humor, love, passion and storytelling into a beautiful story you won't want to miss.

**Thank you to Jennifer Ashley for the advanced copy and the guest post as well

read my review here

32 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron.

06/06/2011 page 9
3.0% 5 comments
06/08/2011 page 29
9.0% 3 comments
06/10/2011 page 29
9.0% "oh Cameron...swoon..." 3 comments
06/10/2011 page 29
9.0% ""Think of it (croquet) as a very slow game of polo. Enjoy yourself Cameron." he he...sure, a slow game of polo.."
06/10/2011 page 41
12.0% ""He jerked her up to him in a sudden movement and caught her lower lip between his teeth. Before Ainsley could gasp or pull away, he let her go, shouldered his mallet, and strode off through the curtain of trees."" 2 comments
06/10/2011 page 69
21.0% ""Cameron didn't simply kiss her. He opened her mouth with his strong one, took what he wanted, made Ainsley kiss him back. Made her like kissing him back, made her want more.""
06/11/2011 page 171
51.0% "b-b-but, she left! how could she leave him?"
06/11/2011 page 336
100.0% "Wonderful, wonderful book. 4.5 or 5...so so good..." 4 comments

message 1: by Tori (new) - added it

Tori I'm SO jealous that you're reading this now!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) This isn't out yet is it? Have you got an ARC? Damn I am so jealous I can't wait to read this!

Laura the Highland Hussy yeah, I've got an ARC-it comes out in August

message 4: by Rhonda (last edited Jun 11, 2011 02:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rhonda Yea, Yea, Yea.
*whispers to Suzanne*
Psssstt... Hey Suzanne, distract her while I swipe the ARC!!

Laura the Highland Hussy LOL! you guys will have to pry it from my kung fu grip! lol

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) LMAO! Look Laurie a sexy highlander sans kilt! *points in other direction*

Rhonda LMAO!!!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Hehe do you think that distracted he enought to get to the book? LOL!

Rhonda It distracted me anyway, lol!

Laura the Highland Hussy Ooh hunky Highland goodness!! What's that over there? A kilt-clad man butt? ::Laurie is distracted::

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) *grans book* I have it Rhonda! Hey Rhonda stop staring as his arse, you know you are drooling right!?! *pokes Rhonda* LOL!

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) Run Suz! meet at my house! Rhonda, get away car ready?!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Moi <---- Jealous, much!

Great review, Laurie!

Gyn Thanks for the review! I absolutely can't wait for this installment!!!! Love them MacKenzie brothers!

Laura the Highland Hussy ha ha Ang! (LOL)

and thanks UM and Gyn :)

message 16: by Keri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Keri Oh I CAN'T wait!!!

Laura the Highland Hussy I can't wait for Hart's book!!! Next flippin' year!!!

message 18: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Great review, Laurie! *hanging head in shame* I still have not read the first two and I know I need to soon as they are obviously fantastic! Grrrr...too many great books to catch up on! :)

Laura the Highland Hussy Thanks Lisa! Go to demonlover's now and comment under Jenn Ashley's post-you might win the Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie!

message 20: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Oh, thanks for the reminder! I saw that on twitter (slowly getting going on there lol) earlier but I forget :)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide Me = Jealous. I absolutely love this series. You are so lucky!

Laura the Highland Hussy Jessa ♥Dhanger♥ wrote: "Me = Jealous. I absolutely love this series. You are so lucky!"

It comes out in a few weeks, right? not much longer :)

did you see what Jenn wrote on her guest post about how the Mackenzie brothers came about? It's linked into my review now :)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide Oh, I'll have to check that out! Thanks :)

Jennifer Great review! Do we see Ian in this book???

Laura the Highland Hussy yes! And there's a little tiny scene where he grabs the honey pot off the breakfast table and goes upstairs to Beth...total scene stealer!

Laura the Highland Hussy Jessa ♥Dhanger♥ wrote: "Oh, I'll have to check that out! Thanks :)"

welcome :)

Ronyell Awesome review Laura! I was a bit disappointed that Inspector Fellows wasn't in this book either. I hope he gets his own book!

Laura the Highland Hussy thanks, and I know! I'm her beta reader, so I'll be suggesting more of him