Heather's Reviews > Revenge Served Cold

Revenge Served Cold by Jackie Fullerton

Jul 15, 10

it was ok
Read in July, 2010

I was sent this book free for review and only after beginning it did I realize that this is actually a follow-up book to Piercing the Veil. Reading the first book was not necessary to the storyline of this novel, but maybe it would have added some dimension to the heroine and supporting characters. As it was I felt very detached. Also the first story is referred to often throughout this book.

Everything about this story is far-fetched, from the plot (yes, I realize that most mystery plots fall into this category but this one was over-the-top) to the dialog to the setting. The author's need to continually reiterate events and conversations was distracting. This book also lacked mystery as the conclusion was blatantly obvious from the beginning. The action picked up during the last fifty pages and, though predictable, the climax kept it from flopping altogether.

Bottomline I wasn't impressed with this book but I do know a few people who would enjoy it. It was a simplistic, predictable PG mystery with a touch of humor. If this is your cup of tea I'd suggest picking up the first book before reading this one. Don't let the paranormal situation turn you off as that was one of the few aspects that actually worked well for this book.
My review as posted on readingforsanity.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revenge Served Cold.