Heather's Reviews > One Day

Feb 18, 11

bookshelves: book-club, adult
Recommended for: no one
Read from February 11 to 18, 2011, read count: 1

This is the worst book I've read in awhile. Because of the premise, I thought it might be kind of chick-lit, and maybe kind of like Replay...Instead, it was kind of like...crap. I hated the characters and their stupid choices, didn't think they ever would like each other nor that their "one day" (there are several uses/meanings for the title) of together when they meet was enough to keep them connected. It also suffered from Mockinjay syndrome...Anything that actually happened was just skipped over and filled in later. There were moments I could forget how little I liked it, but mostly it was excruciating.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Day.

02/14/2011
31.0% "Really didn't like it at first but it's getting a little better."
02/15/2011
43.0% "Still not good. Right now it's on the track to 2 stars." 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Flannery (new) - added it

Flannery LOL Oh, Mockingjay syndrome, how you ruin books. Though this one sounds like it had a lot more poor points dragging it down...

message 2: by Cassi (new) - added it

Cassi Thank you for saving 4+ hours of my life.

Heather ha! no prob, Cass. It was almost definitely "PLUS" or at least it felt like it, the way it dragged on!

It was our book club book, and Bridget's too for her DC one, so I can't wait to hear what the others thought!!

A lot of GR people seemed to really like it but I read their reviews and they sounded like idiots. ; )

message 4: by Cassi (new) - added it

Cassi We almost picked it for our book club here. Now I'm VERY glad we didn't- esp. because it was my pick!

Heather I cannot wait to find out what everyone else thinks. B and I always have opposite opinions - I will die if she loves it!!