Dawn's Reviews > Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye

Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie

Jul 15, 10

I thought this book would be a piece of fluff - like cotton candy, maybe. I was completely and pleasantly surprised at the wide range of savory flavors I got instead - a pretty well-balanced meal of education, mystery, romance, and intrigue - I'm definitely hungry for more! To specify a little, the education I'm talking about is twofold. Laurie addresses stereotypes so well (I enjoyed seeing scenes of Abby's childhood and how her family related - or rather, didn't - to Abby's gift) - I really empathized with Abby, hated that people automatically jump to a certain conclusion about her gift, and being able to relate made me feel more involved in the story. I also enjoyed being educated about what a psychic intuitive is - what it means and how it happens; I was fascinated. This book was full of surprises and so well-written; despite the thrill and action, nothing felt choppy or dangling. The fluid pace, the details, the movement of the relationships, the ending - all felt right. I'm looking forward to reading more!
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye.