Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}'s Reviews > Forbidden

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden.

Quotes Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Liked

Tabitha Suzuma
“At the end of the day it's about how much you can bear, how much you can endure. Being together, we harm nobody; being apart, we extinguish ourselves.”
Tabitha Suzuma, Forbidden

08/08/2010 page 418
100.0% "I have no words, only tears. 6 stars."

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I'm glad you liked it, I loved it.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} I hate you, Kim! It's your fault, you made me cry! If I hadn't seen your comments on this book and read your review I would've never have read this. Damn you! But at the same time I want to thank you. It was an unbelievably amazing read. I just need to stop crying. No wonder the author had breakdown writing this.

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I'm sorry and I'm also really really not ^^ I cried too, that book was a very difficult read.

I hope you feel better now, and if not I suggest cupcakes and ice cream.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Yup, feelin' better though I didn't sleep last night, couldn't stop thinking about the book but it was worth it.

Yay, cupcakes and ice cream! I didn't think about comfort food. *Gets up to look in the freezer* Now munching on a Crunchie ice cream, yum! :)

message 5: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim One of my friends didn't finish the book. She peeked at the last chapters and now she doesn't want you-know-what to happen so she stopped reading. I thought about it a lot, I have a lot of mixed feelings about the subject, it's weird.

I want ice cream too now. This is very bad, I still need to go to the store today for some food, I won't be able to ignore all the yummy goodness.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} I think your friend missed out, Kim. I read the end before the beginning but I still went back and read the rest. What a shame. It's a really intense and thought-provoking read. It certainly challenges your beliefs and what you think is morally right and wrong.

I wasn't offended by the subject, their situation was a difficult one. They weren't hurting anyone and as long as they didn't have children I was OK with it. Saying that though, if I had children and it happened with them I would probably feel differently.

Did you get your ice cream?

message 7: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I agree with what you said about Forbidden and I feel the same way. I'm going to wait a few months before reading it again. I'm sure there will be tears again.

No, I didn't buy ice cream, I was so brave and strong in the store, I'm really proud of myself. ^^

Regina wow, I can't wait to read this -- I love books that have a strong effect on me. The author had an emotional break down while writing this?

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Suzuma admits having the break down in post #4 in point #3 here:

Regina Ames, thanks for sharing. That was very very interesting. I am reading this now bumping it up -- looking for it at the library online as I type.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} It's an amazing book, Regina. Definitely one of the best I've ever read. It left me really sad for a few weeks afterwards. I couldn't get enough PNR for HEAs. I've never read so many of those in one go.

Regina I figured there wouldn't be a HEA at the end -- especially given the author's take on how she handled the writing of it.

This book is a hard one to find in the US. I can't locate any ebooks avaible to me in the US that aren't pirated. And my libraries (which is weird, 'cuz they have everything) don't have it. Maybe I will buy it used. I am so excited about finding out about thsi book. Thanks for posting your reactions to it!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} It hasn't been released in the US yet. I remember Suzuma said (on FB) it was coming soon, not sure when though. I had to get my copy from Book Depository.

Regina Ah, that is what I just figured out. All of the used re-sellers ship from the UK. I may wait until this summer, but I will check out the Book Depository first.