Jerrod's Reviews > Complete Works

Complete Works by Plato

Sep 22, 2016

bookshelves: my-library, philosophy, currently-reading
I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Complete Works.

09/22 marked as: to-read
09/22 marked as: currently-reading
10/28 page 125
6.0% "Cratylus 406d-407b a beautiful description of Pallas Athena. hē en tōi ēthei noēsis.
Most wonderfully though... Socrates: "Then for god's sake let us leave the subject of the gods, because it frightens me to talk about them. But ask me about anything else you like, '" until we see what the horses'" of Euthyphro '"can do.'"""
10/29 page 144
7.0% ""As far as I am concerned, nothing I've said is set in stone. I have simply been saying what seems right to me as a result of my investigations with Hermogenes. So, don't hesitate to speak, and if your views are better than mine, I'll gladly accept them." Socrates - Cratylus 428a-b"
10/30 page 167
9.0% "Theaetetus 150c
"For one thing which I have in common with the ordinary midwives is that I myself am barren of wisdom. The common reproach against me is that I am always asking questions of other people but never express my own views about anything, because there is no wisdom in me; and that is true enough.""
01/14 page 236
13.0% ""...Theaetetus, if ever in the future you should attempt to conceive or should succeed in conceiving other theories, they will be better ones as the result of this inquiry. And if you remain barren, your companions will find you gentler and less tiresome; you will be modest and not think you know what you don't know. This is all my art can achieve-nothing more. I do not known any of the things that other men know""
show 2 hidden updates…