Marcie's Reviews > The King's Daughter. A Novel of the First Tudor Queen

The King's Daughter. A Novel of the First Tudor Queen by Sandra Worth

Jul 27, 10

Read from July 15 to 27, 2010

I really enjoyed this book. I wanted to neglect everything just so I could read it. This is a wonderful story of Elizabeth of York. Sandra Worth uses very accurate details on the woman who put duty and love for her country above her own personal desires. Elizabeth is gentle, kind and generous. She lives a lonely existence surrounded by an overbearing mother-in-law and people hired by her husband, King Henry VII, to spy on her. King Henry executes practically everyone in her family because they are a threat to his throne. Elizabeth bares it like no other woman could. She tries to do good where she can, and be a gentle influence on her husband. King Henry was rude, suspicious and miserly. He wasn’t an easy man to care for. This was not a marriage of love but a marriage of political security. My heart went out to Elizabeth. I wanted so much more for her than she got. Sandra Worth made these historical characters come back to life. She is the author of 5 books set during the War of the Roses. This was the first book I read by her and I can’t wait to read more.

*I received this book courtesy of Sandra Worth for review. This is no way affected my review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The King's Daughter. A Novel of the First Tudor Queen.