Laura's Reviews > So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us

So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore

Jul 15, 2010

Read from July 15 to August 27, 2010

This book is a lot more than I expected. It's more like a Socratic dialogue, or a loosely scripted conversation, or a chat with a close friend over a steaming mug of coffee than an ordinary piece of non-fiction. Beth is incurably dialectic, which is one of the many, many reasons I love her and her work so much. She draws you in. You can't help but participate and interact. Whether she's doing a video Bible study, a live conference, or a book, she's gonna talk to you like she'd talk to anyone--like you're the only one in the room with her and you're an incredible treasure the Lord has clothed with strength and dignity--and ask you about your thoughts and feelings, and be as candid as I've ever seen an author be. This woman speaks from the heart and from the very Spirit of the Living God. She speaks with wisdom and humor and a deep legacy of walking with the Lord through seasons of darkness and light. Phew. I'd put her up on a pedestal, but she's so honest I know all too well how human she is! (information she shares bravely, and only for the sake of building others up and encouraging them to pursue the Lord's healing, empowering help in everything).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Long, Insecurity.

07/23/2010 page 263