Meg's Reviews > Dead Until Dark

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Jul 14, 10

First off, why can't you give half stars on these reviews? I would give "Dead Until Dark" two and a half stars, but since that's impossible, I am an optimist (?) and gave it three stars. I should say that I don't normally read books like this one (fantasy/mystery), so maybe my review isn't worth much, but... whatever. Here it is.

So this book isn't bad. It's not horribly written. In fact, it's written fairly well. My issue with it is that I simply felt like I was wasting my time. Sure, I like the "easy read" as much as the next person, but if I'm going to "waste my time" on something that's a beach read, I at least want to be excited when I pick up the book. While reading "Dead Until Dark," however, I felt as if I was watching a really, really long movie on TBS that I somehow started watching while lazily surfing channels and felt, for some unknown reason, that I needed to keep watching it until the credits started rolling/reruns of "My Name Is Earl" came on. And then once the credits DID roll, I thought, "Huh. I just wasted my whole afternoon and I feel sleepy."

Again, I am probably giving this book a hard time. It's a fun story. Just not up my alley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Until Dark.