Eliora Vespera's Reviews > Once Dead, Twice Shy

Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison

Jul 14, 10

"Madison's prom was a killer--literally."

Kim Harrison, the NY times bestseller wrote YA fantasy; Once Dead, Twice Shy.

Madison went to the prom as a junior, and she was killed. She ditched her original date because her mom told the guy to ask her out to prom, and went out the door with someone else completely hotter.

But he killed her. Not only he crashed the car off the cliff, but when he knows she's not dead yet, he stabbed her with a sword.

Or, a scythe.

Madison Avery doesn't believe in angels and grim reaper and et cetera. All she wants is her body back, or dead. Fully dead. Not stuck-on-earth-dead.

Throughout the book, Madison tries to figure out the reason she's been hunted by all these reapers. It's not like she's special or anything...right?

Chased by reapers + Stuck with poetic cherub + Crush thinks she's Madison A-very-freaky girl = Once Dead, Twice Shy.

What I like about the book: Grace's (the cherub/Madison's guardian) personality! Madison too, and combined, they make the perfect entertainment! :) I have never read any book by Kim Harrison before, but this sure does makes me want to read every other book she wrote!!

What I dislike about the book: Nothing! I love it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Dead, Twice Shy.