Dahlia (yadkny)'s Reviews > Wings of Desire

Wings of Desire by Arianna Skye

Jul 25, 10

Recommended for: Faerie Lovers
Read from July 14 to 25, 2010, read count: 1

Rhiannon Kinsley is just your average workaholic, computer nerd with a presentation due soon when her life is forever changed after an online chat with who she thinks is a sex-crazed cyber stalker. Cerne Silverwing has been chatting with Rhiannon for quite sometime while trying to determine if she is indeed the long lost faerie princess the White Faeries have been searching for. When Rhiannon starts recognizing the strange symbols and language he shows her, he knows for sure she’s the one. Now how to convince her?

I will admit to expecting this to be the same as some of the stories of the fae that I have read, but I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it was not. There is a very modern start to this tale which dramatically changes once we enter the realm of Fey. The historical elements were well placed in this fantasy romance.

The characters were colorful and blended nicely with each other. The classic role of the female lead being the one to pull away and not put her feelings out there was reversed with the male lead. Cerne brought Rhiannon back to the land of Fey and was prepared to die for her, but refused to admit he loved her. It seemed most times like Rhiannon was pursuing Cerne. The emotional back and forth those two characters played reeked havoc on my frustration level, but I imagine it was quite the same for them.

I would have liked to see a more thorough ending since I felt that there were still a few unanswered questions that didn’t give me the full happily-ever-after affect. Possible sequel? I definitely wouldn’t be opposed to one. This is the first novel for this author and already she shows much promise. I would be happy to read any of the rest of her future work.

Review also posted @ Happily Ever After Reviews:
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wings of Desire.