Liz (Consumed by Books)'s Reviews > For Darkness Shows the Stars

For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund

Dec 18, 12

bookshelves: favorites, 5-star, own, young-adult, jane-in-june-and-austen-in-august
Read from March 16 to 29, 2012

A futuristic retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasion? The moment I heard about For Darkness Shows the Stars, I knew I’d need a copy for myself, and another blogger was gracious enough to loan me an ARC. Peterfreund’s latest novel showcases how gorgeous her writing can be and gave me a story I fell in love with.

Everything about For Darkness Shows the Stars is magical, from the cover to the very last page. The world that Elliott lives in is imperfect, yet incredibly well built. Although it takes time to grasp what’s happening, it’s carefully thought out. The images in some scenes where so lovely that I wanted to jump between the pages of the book.

Of course, the romance is one of the key elements of this book. You guys, it was so well done. There was the same combination of pain, yearning, and hope that I find whenever I read Persuasion.

What more can I say? To me, For Darkness Shows the Stars is a magical book in so many ways. I highly recommended picking this one up if you haven’t already. Plus, 2013 is going to bring us Across A Star-Swept Sea, an amazing sounding sequel based off of The Scarlet Pimpernel. I cannot wait!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Darkness Shows the Stars.

03/22/2012 page 78
03/30/2012 page 398
100.0% "My favorite of the books I've read by Diana. Go pre-order this one."
show 1 hidden update…