Krista's Reviews > Milk Glass Moon

Milk Glass Moon by Adriana Trigiani

Jul 30, 2010

Read from July 27 to 30, 2010

This was one of the best series of books I've read in years. I think it has something to do with the fact that I enjoyed reading about Ave's depth of thinking...that sometimes works for her, and sometimes works against her. Yet, she has so many men and women in her life that help her to get beyond it (in this book, her daughter gets added to that list).

The timing in this story, of raising her daughter from age 10-18 was somehow not as appealing as some of the others, yet, an integral part of what gets Ave through these years is her continued love story with her husband Jack, a man that stood by her in so many beautiful, immeasurable ways; he held her together through difficulty, adored her very being, fathered her daughter in the most understanding, effective ways.

There are so many quotes that I flagged from this book. Here is one:

"Jack and I laugh: this is the best moment to be a parent, when you see that your child is going to surpass you, that her curiosity will take her places and teach her things you never even thought about."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Milk Glass Moon.

message 1: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy I love it. It is exactly how I have always felt about Ginger & Bill and it certainly has proven to be true. : )

Krista I thought this was the last book but then discovered that there's a 4th, which I'm two chapters into. They are all soooo good! I am always so thankful when I find and read such good, moving books. I am writing the reviews with the kids playing, dancing, singing and screaming in the background so they're not the most cohesive, comprehensive things I've ever written, but I feel if I don't review, I'm robbing myself of the ability to go back and read what I initially thought of the book. :)

message 3: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy You always express your feelings beautifully. I can't wait to get copies of that series. The library only had "Rococo" and "Queen of the Big Time." I took them both so.....film at 11.

message 4: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue If there is a 4th to the Big Stone Gap series. , can you give me the title please !?! Be sure to read The Shoemakers Wife"...." Wonderful"!!!

Krista Sure, it's Home to Big Stone Gap. :)

message 6: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks...I will buy it this weekend! I don't want to leave Ave, Jack and Etta and all the characters of Big Stone Gap