LJ's Reviews > Reflecting the Sky

Reflecting the Sky by S.J. Rozan

Dec 28, 2007

liked it
bookshelves: female_author, mystery, private_investigator, new_york_city, contemporary_post_1945
Read in April, 2001

Reflecting the Sky - G
Rozen, S.J. - 7th in series

S.J. Rozan's reputation grows with every new installment in her lively series starring the redoubtable Lydia Chin, a twentysomething New York PI and her partner Bill Smith. Here Lydia's venerable family friend Grandfather Gao dispatches the twosome to Hong Kong to deliver a jade amulet to the grandson of Wei Yao-Shi, whose American family knew nothing of the son and heir he left in Asia. A simple assignment quickly turns into a kidnapping, as Chin and Smith make their way through the complex world of triad politics, Asian intrigue, and the smuggling of Chinese antiquities. Along the way, Rozan treats us to an insider's view of Hong Kong; if someone you know is headed in that direction, this would be a great guidebook as well as a diverting plane read.

I am a big fan of Rozen's writing, particularly the Lydia and Bill series. This was not my favorite book of the series, but it was still a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reflecting the Sky.