Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > Home by Morning

Home by Morning by Alexis Harrington

Ok ok, so I admit that a recurring thought throughout this novel was "1918? That's the year Edward Cullen died!" LMAO I know! I couldn't help it LOL

Seriously though, other than the setting being more "modern" than your typicaly western romance, this was a pretty standard read from Alexis Harrington.. There was a lot of focus on the townspeople and their own relationships, to the point that a lot of it was more of an "historical fiction" than "historical romance".

And honestly? That's not a bad thing. I enjoyed the snapshots and asides of other characters' lives -- Riley fighting in WWI in France, Emmaline trying to eke out a living any way she could in order to better provide for her children, and even the cantankerous Dr. Pearson.

Cole and Jessica (ah how can I not love a heroine named Jess??) were meant to be, but had a lot of issues to work out first. I guessed the twist (well, both of them) early on but it didn't hinder my enjoyment of the novel.

Overall a good 3 1/2. To be perfectly fair, it probably would've been a four, but the time period threw me off a bit what with their telephones and the whole WWI thing. Definitely worth the $2.50ish price over at smashwords.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home by Morning.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle Lundberg You spelled "eke" wrong.

Jess the Romanceaholic I'm sorry that's the only thing my review inspired you to say :-/ But, I fixed it. Thanks.

Danielle Lundberg What's romanceahol?

Jess the Romanceaholic The addictive aspect of romance ;)

Mindy Had the same recurring thought about 1918 ;)