Audrey's Reviews > Life of Pi

Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Jun 20, 08

Read in May, 2008

I loved this book! The writing is beautiful, captivating, funny, and heartbreaking. The characters are so very real, and the book draws you into its universe to a point where when you set the book down you may be surprised to find yourself on your couch with a dog at your feet and not in a lifeboat adrift in the Pacific with a Bengal tiger at your feet.

I would definitely read this book again. Highly recommended.

Edit: I originally gave this book 4 stars, but since then have not been able to get it out of my head. If it weren't loaned out to a friend right now, I can't promise that I wouldn't be re-reading it already. It was just that good. So, 5-stars it is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life of Pi.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erin This book has literally been sitting on my bookshelf for years. Ted read it and loved it. I still haven't gotten around to it...but I guess I'd better!

Audrey That's too funny -- it sat on my shelf for a long time, too, before I randomly chose it at the last minute for a "super duper" deadline. I have a feeling you will get around to reading it pretty soon. ;) Can't wait to see what you think!