Jennifer (aka EM)'s Reviews > The Eden Express

The Eden Express by Mark Vonnegut

Jul 13, 2010

bookshelves: hidden-gems, to-re-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eden Express.

12/21/2014 marked as: read

message 1: by Ben (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ben Glad you read this! It's not very common.

message 2: by Jennifer (aka EM) (last edited Jul 13, 2010 07:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (aka EM) Very true! I was (am-?) such a Vonnegut nut--his dad, that is--and also a generation-too-late hippie at heart. I should re-read it--I have the original edition in paperback somewhere.

I recall being blown away by his power of expression, and wondering how the hell he captured it so vividly and seemingly accurately. Any of us who have experimented with hallucinogens knows the difficulty of actually putting words on paper that read like anything sensible to describe the experience. It's a remarkable achievement, and very moving to read.

message 3: by Jennifer (aka EM) (last edited Jul 14, 2010 09:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (aka EM) :-) I absolutely *adore* your hippie-and-woo shelf, Ko. I often put flowers in my hair and walk barefoot through it.

message 4: by jo (new)

jo did you just create this "if its not one thing its another" shelf? suddenly, your shelves have gotten hilarious. but maybe it's been a while and i didn't notice!

Jennifer (aka EM) hehe ... I changed the name of my biography/memoir shelf couple of days ago.

I love your "mama-is-crazy" shelf -- looking forward to seeing that one develop (or am I?). Seeing how people categorize their shelves gives such great insight into what they read and why. I wish there was a way to add an explanation/description to the shelf, but maybe if it's a great and evocative name, that's not necessary.

message 6: by jo (new)

jo 9 books out of ten have a depressed/mentally ill/alcoholic mother in them. and when i say 9 out of 10, i mean more like 10 out of 10.

if it's not a thing it's another ROOOOOOOOOOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahha