Giovanni Gelati's Reviews > Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come by Mark Waid

Jul 13, 2010

Read from July 13 to 15, 2010

The entire DC Comics gang is included in this one; mall, large it doesn’t matter. If they are a considered a metahuman , they are included in this epic battle. I am just starting to get caught up in the DC world and am enjoying the writing and artwork. The twists and turns of the big three ( Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman) were very surprising to me.
The quality of the writing and the depth of the plotline were what kept me totally enthralled with this graphic novel. The questions of right and wrong, the greater good, using one’s gifts to their fullest to serve others, were questions that seemed not to be asked of most of these “Super” beings and instead were just headed down a path of total self-absorption. Superman and Company tries to set things straight and make the world safe once again for all. I don’t want to expand on this much more because I don’t want to spoil what is contained in the pages of the novel. It is very thought provoking and provocative; raises questions from sources I amazed me. I paused more than once to ponder the material and how it relates to my life. Thankfully I was camped out on the beach and could just stare out at the waves, letting the thoughts just wash over me .The places these seemingly simple innocent graphic novels take us is amazing . I don’t hesitate to recommend reading this.
What are you reading today? Check us out and become our friend on Facebook. Go to Goodreads and become our friend there and suggest books for us to read and post on. You can also follow us on Twitter, Book Blogs, and also look for our posts on Amazon. Did you know you can shop directly on Amazon by clicking the Gelati’s Store Tab on our blog? Thanks for stopping by today; we will see you tomorrow. Have a great day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kingdom Come.

07/13/2010 page 10
07/15/2010 page 228
100.0% "Look for our post next week."