Purr More, Censor Less's Reviews > Amaury's Hellion

Amaury's Hellion by Tina Folsom

Aug 22, 10

bookshelves: vampires, erotic-romance, paranormal, reviewed, 4-and-5-star
Read from August 08 to 16, 2010

Another winner by Tina Folsom! I enjoyed this book as much as the first book in the Scanguards Vampires series, Samson’s Lovely Mortal, where we are first introduced to Amaury. He is Samson’s friend and works for him in Samson’s security company. He was an enjoyable character in a bad boy way in the first book and I was glad to see he was the focus of the second book.

Amaury is your typical alpha hero but he becomes a big ole softy with Nina. He is protective in that yummy growly way we love to see in our alpha heroes, but Nina is constantly fighting Amaury’s need to protect her. She is independent and stubborn and a good match for Amaury. Because of her past she is distrustful of men and resists her attraction to him almost to the end.

As with the first book, the romance between Amaury and Nina includes some snuggling, canoodling and talking, as well as hot sex scenes. Again, the author has done a great job in this area with a hot erotic romance that balances the sex with a suspenseful story while creating a sizzling connection between the main characters.

The secondary characters are also enjoyable and I look forward to their future stories. I like that Samson and Delilah have a fairly significant role in this book. It gives me a sense of their continuing story. I get to see the other secondary characters that I enjoyed in the first book as well and some new characters are introduced who I’m sure we will see in the future. Since the characters do carry over from one book to another, I recommend reading this series in order so you can understand the references and relationships between the characters.

Tina Folsom is officially on my watch list! I eagerly look forward to the next book in this series and her new Greek Gods series expected to be released this Fall.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amaury's Hellion.