AnnaMay's Reviews > Just Breathe

Just Breathe by Susan Wiggs

Jul 13, 10

Read in July, 2010

I had to laugh at myself for picking this book out and actually reading it. I believe a movie was done with Jennifer Lopez based on this story and didn't realize it was a book until I happened upon the clearance shelf at Hastings. When I read the blurb about the movie I scoffed and laughed, so I ate humble pie as I enjoyed the book version.

The characters were fun to get to know, although pretty predictable. I kept feeling insulting when Wiggs dropped obvious hints as to the resolution of the whole fire thing, but then realized the hints were meant to distract me from the true culprit. They were still annoyingly obvious, though, be they true or false hints.

I was glad for the bit of insight into divorced people's lives (through the support group in the story.)

The two twin aunts were a highlight for me. I loved their wisdom in knowing the simple things of life that bring pleasure and value to a person. The painted Keds were cool, too.

A nice light novel that was good enough to provide enjoyment, but not astounding enough to get me to buy it ever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Breathe.