Tim's Reviews > Blow Fly

Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell

Aug 16, 10

bookshelves: crime-fiction, fiction, good-firelighters

description
I really used to like Corwell's books but the Scarpetta series seems to have become more and more ludicrous as time has passed. Perhaps that is what other readers want but the whole thing has become rather silly.

Everyone is the best at what they do, everyone has technology from NASA, fast cars and political contacts.The plot wanders far and wide with links to the past and the oddest meaderings of a murderous mind. All fair enough I suppose but to lead the reader through these corridors of fantasy to end the story in about five pages as though running out of time on an exam essay cheats us.

The plot had plenty of merit, the story not badly told although perhaps lacking some of the scientific investigation of previous tomes. The real downer here is that the end is so abrupt, so banal, so dreadfully squeezed into the last few pages the complexity of the storyline simply ignored, as though Cornwell said to her secretary "Listen I am off on holiday won't you finish this off before you go home?"..

A great disappointment, more so if you have enjoyed previous Scarpetta escapades.. I think that this is the last one I shall read, not up to scratch sorry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blow Fly.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Al (new) - rated it 2 stars

Al Have to agree with you on that - I think Blow Fly was the worst book she wrote, but the newer ones aren't much better.