Erica Hopper's Reviews > Marked

Jul 13, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: books-i-dont-own, 2010, gave-up-reading
Read on July 13, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marked.

07/13/2010 page 85

Katya I'm glad we're in agreement on this piece of trash.

Erica Hopper Katya wrote: "I'm glad we're in agreement on this piece of trash."
Katya, I didn't even make it halfway through the book. I was just like... there was NOTHING I liked about it. And how fucking creepy is it to sit there and write about people giving/getting blow jobs with your MOTHER? The entire book was badly written and if you thought of who was writing it gave me the visible chills.

Katya Oh, I stopped less than halfway through as well. And it is very, very rare for me to give up on a book. There's only been a handful that I've ever not finished, and this is one of them.

They just had this whole agenda that they were trying to sell through poorly written 'vampire' fic and it was so nauseating how blatant it was. I'm glad I'm a slut, judging by their criteria. Their agent should be fired.

Erica Hopper While Smeyer had this holy-roller idealistic setting in her books... she was even more of an accomplished writer then these two. It wasn't as in your face either. It's like, oh don't be a slut. You know if you're a slut if you do things with boys. Oh, and religion is for pussy's. But witchcraft is pretty cool, then you're okay. Basically, follow our advice as to what makes you the perfect most unoriginal original person and you'll be okay on our list! Pft. Get over yourself Cast family.

Katya Smeyer was, at least, a little more subtle with her religious agenda. These two are touting theirs while being just as hypocritical and narrow-minded as the side they condemn. They had some good ideas but the execution just wrecked everything that could possibly have been good about it.